Monday, October 3, 2011

DEAR GELLIE

Last time, I decided to clean up my room because mom and dad got mad at me because it’s very dirty and since I myself find it dirty and cluttered and so I obeyed them and I cleaned it. I know I am a very good girl.haha

    As I clean the room, I came across with my collection of letters and pictures and every little thing that was given to me. My friends and classmates gave most of the letters and one was from mom for my retreat way back. And so I sat and started to read every single letter. It was as if I was time traveling. Like I went back to grade school, high school and also my first to years of being a college student. Some letters were simple notes that even though it seems senseless but it’s priceless. Some of the letters were cute little notes that express gratitude and love for me. Some letters were really touching and as if the person who wrote it was talking to me in person. I really missed those times. The letters that really touched me was the birthday cards/ letters. You can really see their efforts on putting up surprises for your birthday. It was really a heart-warming experience most especially when you are really surprised.
    I am actually a sentimental person (well, obviously). I really keep my notebooks and notes and letters. It was really worth keeping because it is like a diary that tells stories to me from what has happened in the past and if ever, if and only, if ever, I will have amnesia, I will not have a hard time gaining back my memory because I kept them all ( I was just kidding!)
    I also love to write little notes for people. I usually write secretly in their notebooks, sticky notes, books. I usually wrote my mom notes in her notebook in the office, simple notes like I love you and I also wrote my sister at the back of her notebook and her teacher actually saw it and asked who was it. The teacher taught it was some other person. I also wrote at my classmates’ notebooks funny notes whenever I see that they are sad. I usually write note like this “ tanggapin mo man o hindi, mas maganda ako sa’yo!!haha, I love you!”.
    Of course for every story that I write here, I always end up with “lesson learned”. For me I learned that it is always nice to keep things that really touched you, so that anytime, you can reminisce it and remember those times. It is also good because it is a sign that you give importance to the person who gave it to you. It is also nice to give simple notes for people you love, most especially if you find it hard to say it personally. It is nice to give a little smile to them in your own little way. It really means a lot to them. I find letters and notes more powerful because it would last if you keep them. I am not against technology but it is just nice to find people giving letters and notes. Just like in my experience I can keep it forever.
***

7 comments:

  1. yieee. ang galing ni ate. HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. :* <3 YEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Sweet. I love your post. :) <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang drama mu gellie!!! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIKE! =) mua :* -jhentot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. <3 Miss youuuu!!! :* -vera

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAHAHAHAHAHA astiiiig :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha.salamat po sa comments.please leave your name if you want to be recocnized:)

    ReplyDelete